Friday, April 29, 2011

St-Jean Pied de Quoi?

Sitting alone in St Jean Pied de Port, at a small eatery named 'Chez Edouards'; wondering where are my friends?

After I finished packing this morning, had a little stretch, Internet stop on the way to the station. The train was a bit stressful though! Out of the 10 cars, only the first two were going to Bayonne... What? That happens?! I only found that out 3 minutes before go time, so I jogged to the front of the train... This is what my uncle Jacques was talking about! Cars detaching and going different directions... Huh.

I had a 2 hour wait in Bayonne before my connection to St Jean PP, and although the train station was quite cute, the neighborhood was a bit rough. So, without a map (not like me, I know!), I went for a walk. What a charming town. The Nive river passes through downtown and the cathedral is beautiful... Even has a St-James chapel in along the right hand ambulatory.

Not having wifi right now really is the pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment