Sunday, April 3, 2011

Courage!

Someone incredible just "marched" into my life! When I got back to the hostel after eating dinner, I met my new room mates; Veronica and Brigitte. I saw Brigitte earlier but she was taking a nap... Didn't want to disturb her so I left the dorm. Turns out, Brigitte is doing the Camino Santiago de Compostela too! And she started two days ago from her small town in Switzerland!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so amazed by her courage... She projects that it will take her three months to complete the Camino, and she will be in St-Jean Pied de Port around the same time as Tasha, Tatyana and me.

What a cool woman; when she arrives at Santiago de Compostela she will have walked 1900km!

She told me that she was inspired to do the walk because an older couple, in their mid-60's, from her area were able to complete it.

I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to become a pilgrim of the Camino... Especially if it's amazing people like Brigitte that I can expect to meet along the way. This documentary is going to be something else...

So inspired!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

Location:Bern, Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment