Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bern Dude, Bern...

An immense thanks and endless gratitude goes out to Pauline Marchand for funding 'to The End Of The World' documentary! She has just been added to the producers list for the film... And so could you! Copy and paste http://www.indiegogo.com/caminodoc into your web browser to find out more! Thanks :-)

That's right, I am currently in Bern, Switzerland. I arrived this afternoon around 4:30 p.m.

This morning I woke up early and got ready to leave Lausanne. Before heading to Bern I had a goal... To get to Montreux and check out the castle there. I spoke to my aunt Paule last night who highly recommended that i go... Man, it was such a good idea! Thanks Paule!









The Chateau Chillion was such an interesting visit, and I got a student discount on the entry fee! That place has been remodeled several times to suit the needs of the era. There was an anti-chamber that had been converted to a torture room, and a chapel that was converted into artillery and grain storage. Huh. One of the best parts of visiting historic sites, for me anyways, is to try and imagine what it would have been like to live there back in the day... Big dresses, the daily rituals... In this case I kept thinking of their latrines! There are two rooms that were used as rest rooms, but eventually one was converted to a sort of jail! Anyways, I have the little map pamphlet to bring home so I can tell my family allllllllllll about it!

Once the castle visit was over, train back to Lausanne to then catch another train headed to Bern. Right away when I got off the train, I am not in Kansas anymore! All the signs are in German! Oh crap! Not just that, but when I tried to pronounce one of the street names, a woman giggled at my horrid attempt.

Well, I made my way to the hostel and what do I see? Oh the mountains...




I am happy again! I seriously think that I've fallen in love with the mountains... We need to be together forever.

Okay, so the plan for this evening is to make some friends at the hostel and then go out and explore a bit. Dinner at some point would be nice too :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

Location:Münzrain,Bern District,Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment