Monday, March 21, 2011

Is It Only Monday?

This morning Rosa, the Monday morning spinning instructor, totally called me out in RPM class for yawning. She always catches me mid-yawn during her class! I'm always tired in spinning... my fault, I go to bed too later most nights. Rosa, I apologize for yawning in your RPM. Your class always challenges me to push myself; I will make a point of better concealing my yawns from you in the future!

Spent a great afternoon at the Rideau Centre with my fabulous grandmother. When we came back to her place we shared a pot of tea, and she broke out her 2005 Europe cruise album. She really wanted to show me her photos of this amazing bridge from the 14th century in Florence called Ponte Vecchio. She said that bridge is filled with jewellers who deal mostly in gold, and that she was so overwhelmed with her surroundings that she didn't purchase anything!

Whenever I go away for any period of time I constantly think of her and my grandfather. They are the #1 priority when it comes to post cards, even if I am just gone for a long weekend. When I went to Halifax for four days last October, and I sent a few post cards to my relatives see if the cards would beat me back. Unfortunately I made it back first, so when the cards did arrive it felt slightly awkward.

Cool moment of the day: Celine came over for fajita dinner tonight! I love all my cousins so much, but man, I really enjoy chilling with Celine. She is such a cool and down to Earth young woman. The evening was nothing fancy, just went and picked her up and we hung out with my parents, my brother, our aunt Paule and her two offspring. It was low key, casual, and simply fantastic.

My to do list has been growing at a rapid rate, and now includes:
  • Find appropriate travel pants
  • Book veterinary check up for Bentley
  • Work 5-10 hours at the pool
  • Place a 2-month hold on my account at Goodlife
  • Finish filing taxes
  • Tidy room/ sort through clothes
  • Prepare a 5 minute pitch for Wednesday night's class
  • ... I'm sure there is more

I cannot believe it is only Monday; there was a definite Wednesday-feel to this busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment