Friday, March 25, 2011

Departure in O.M.G.

Endless gratitude going out to Eric Kougioumoutzakis and Rae-Anna Maitland! They have the honour of being the first funders backing the 'To The End of the World' documentary! They get to enjoy some of the perks I have offered to those backing the doc... Eric and Rae-Anna, thank you x1,000,000 for your support and encouragement! Remember to keep spreading the word so perhaps your friends and family may join you in also enjoying the lovely perks of being a funder for the doc!

For more information about the project and on how you can support the creation of this documentary, click http://www.indiegogo.com/caminodoc to get right to the campaign's home page.

Departure for Europe is so soon! The flight leaves from Montreal on Sunday evening at 6:30 p.m. and I still have quite a lot to do. My plan is to mock-pack my bag a few times in order to fit everything in effectively.

Definitely am going to have to look up how it would be best to pack the sound equipment and camera, a PD170. What I have heard thus far from peers is that it is probably best to carry the camera in a carry-on fashion. What I imagine this is good for is to prove to customs that it is not a mule of any kind, and that it is in working order. Have I mentioned how excited I am do be going overseas to shoot a film?! 'Cause I am SO excited!

I worked one last shift at the pool today, took care of my dog, picked up the parents from each of their workplaces, picked up my cousin in Alta Vista... and after all that, went out for a big dinner at a restaurant in Kanata called 'Crazy Horse'. It's a country-western bar that plays great country hits, the staff wear huge belt buckles and daisy dukes, and the menu is fantastic. They have a burger called the 'Koo Koo Cheval', get it?

My parents and brother, aunt Paule and her kids, uncle Jacques, aunt Gail and their two kids, as well as my cousin Celine sat down together to a rowdy delicious feast. It was a medley of celebrations: my father's birthday is at the end of the month, and my aunt Paule's birthday was yesterday, and my departure on Sunday. Happy birthday to you Dad, and a happy belated birthday to Paulie... spinning class will not be as fun without me!

What I love best about gatherings is listening to different people's stories. I've always felt a bit distant from my uncle Jacques, much to do with the fact that we don't get the chance to visit often; however, tonight I really enjoyed listening to him tell stories from his recent trip to Whistler, his train stories from his France-Italy travels back in the early 80's... he is captivating when he speaks, and he is very intuitive! From his family I received the perfect hiking gift: a blister care kit! My soles, heels, and toes thank you so much for such a great present!

Off to bed now, I've got my last class tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment